Position Title: Solutions Architect
Location: East Hartford, CT
Position Type: W2 contract through 6/2022 with possibility of extensions
Salary: $60 – $70/hour, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9573
The State of Connecticut has asked Hallmark to find a Solutions Architect to assist the Judicial Branch with upgrading, modernizing, and integrating two systems. The Judicial Branch maintains various computer systems that are used in all of the criminal courts throughout the State of Connecticut. The Judicial Branch Information Technology Division (ITD) is seeking a Solution Architect to assist with developing, communicating, and documenting a strategy to expand, modernize, and integrate two systems: the legacy Criminal Motor Vehicle System (CRMVS) and the new Criminal System.
The legacy CRMVS is being converted from an OpenVMS (RMS) file system to a .NET Web application with a relational SQL Server 2016 database backend. The interfaces, reports and file transfers handled by the host VMS application are being developed for the new SQL Server 2016 application. The ITD is simultaneously reprogramming both systems in support of state legislative mandates concerning the erasure of certain criminal records.
This is a contract role, based in the East Hartford Judicial offices. This assignment is expected to run for at least 6 months, with the possibility of extension based on funding availability.
- Clearly communicate and document designs both at a logical and a physical level that support the business needs of the Judicial Branch.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to explain and transfer knowledge to other team members and collaborate with business managers and field personnel.
- Assist the ITD in the formulation of tactical and strategic plans.
- Lead software development efforts as determined by the project management team.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Mastery level experience in enterprise-level systems in the court or criminal justice sectors.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in the full and complete design of multiple software solutions.
- Technical Competencies:
- .NET Framework (4.6.2 and up)
- .NET MVC 5
- .NET Entity Framework 6
- .NET WCF Web Services
- ADFS (Azure AD a plus)
- SQL Server (2016 and up)
- SSIS & SSRS
- IIS (8.5 and up)
- TFS (VSTS or Azure Dev Ops a plus)
- SQL Server Performance Skills
- Optimize SQL queries (Query Execution Plans .. etc.,)
- Simplify Index analysis
- Resolve SQL Server deadlocks
- Identify the root cause of SQL Server blockings
- Bootstrap and JQuery
- Understand and able to implement design patterns (Repository Pattern .. etc.)
- Experience of using tools like Fluent Validation, Autofac (IoC), Automapper, ELMAH/Log4Net
- Experience on Production Support activities.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply.
NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position.
Principals only, please – We can not consider C2C candidates.
|Job Category||Engineering, Information Technology|