Position Title: Chemical Plant Operators
Location: New Haven, CT area
Position Type: Temp-to-hire
Salary: $15 – $17/hour, depending on experience
Position Number: 9236
Our Client is a subsidiary of a major international company handling petroleum, petrochemicals, biofuels, coal, and more. They have asked Hallmark to help them find several entry-level Plant Production Operators for their plant near New Haven, CT.
This person in this position is responsible for manufacturing biofuel products by monitoring production, quality, and equipment. The Production Operator will be ensure that quality biofuel is produced safely, efficiently and on a timely basis, while controlling equipment, units and/or systems that process feedstock into biofuel. This role will also participate in an ‘on-call’ rotation.
is a temp-to-hire position, transitioning to regular staff (at $17/hr) after approximately 3 months.
- Follow all safety guidelines regulated by OSHA or other regulatory agencies.
- Follow plant specifications to ascertain product, ingredients, and prescribed modifications of plant procedures.
- Use precise instruments and specifications for material, methods, procedures, and techniques to attain specified standards.
- Controls feed of liquids and gases through equipment in specified timing and sequence, or starts automatic feed.
- Initiate feed of materials through equipment units, such as heating vessels and mixing tanks; or adds pre-weighed ingredients into tanks, or hoppers.
- Monitor inventory including containers, labels and other supplies; inform Shift Supervisor in writing of any concerns.
- Make recommendations on improving production efficiency at the plant.
- Observe gauges, signals, and recording instruments, turns valves, and moves controls to regulate temperatures, pressures, and flow of steam, coolant, and chemical constituents through system to effect prescribed reaction within critical limits, according to knowledge of equipment and process.
- Operate biodiesel master computer system (Delta V), production system, and lab equipment according to procedure.
- Set up and adjust indicators and controlling devices, such as gas analyzers, recording calorimeters, and radiographic detecting or gauging instruments to facilitate simultaneous analysis and control of process conditions.
- Safety operate powered industrial equipment
- Perform quality control functions by visually inspecting all types of inventory, and measuring physical inventory on a periodic basis.
- Seek continuous improvement and quality control in all aspects of biodiesel operation.
- Draw samples of product at specified stages of synthesis and perform standard tests, to determine work is proceeding efficiently and in conformity with plant standards.
- Perform general facility maintenance and housekeeping, including equipment inspection, repairs, adjustments and monitoring throughout the facility
- Monitor area and inspect equipment for leaks and hazards.
- Keep precise verbal and numerical records and generate system reports on a timely basis.
- Maintain log of gauge readings, shift production, and equipment malfunctions.
- Assist in training and development of other Operators, including job shadowing, as needed.
- May serve on the safety committee
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma or GED is required
- 1+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a chemical, biofuel or petrochemical production environment, but other manufacturing environments can also be considered.
- Experience with computerized plant and equipment controls and aptitude to learn company specific programs.
- Ability to safely operate forklift, pallet jack, pallet wrapper, and rail switches.
- Working knowledge of feedstock and biodiesel processing, as well as BQ-9000 requirements, is preferred, but not required.
- Basic mechanical and electrical skills.
- Able to interpret written, verbal, or diagram instructions.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving abilities.
- Adaptability and stress-management skills; able to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Maintain a clean-shaven appearance.
- Understanding of EPA, DOT, OSHA, and state regulations commonly associated with a biodiesel manufacturing facility.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license; ability to meet minimum DOT requirements and get a TWIC card (TWIC can be obtained after employment).
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and adhere to mandatory drug testing program (random, for-cause and post-accident testing).
- Physical requirements of this position include: extended standing on concrete floor; use of a man lift up to 65ft..; kneeling, stooping, and bending; sitting; use of computer; pushing/pulling; reaching above the shoulders; carrying, lifting, and/or moving 100 to 250 lbs assisted; ability to maneuver of up to 600 lbs with handcart; repetitive hand movements with a firm grasp with the right and/or left hand; ability to work outside in various climates and conditions; ability to manage contact/exposure to chemicals ordinarily found in a biodiesel facility.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Chemicals, Industrial|