Position Title: Lab Technicians
Location: New Haven, CT area
Position Type: temp-to-hire
Salary: $15 / hour (increasing to $17 after 3 months)
Position Number: 9405
Our Client is a subsidiary of a major international company handling petroleum, petrochemicals, biofuels, coal, and more. They have asked Hallmark to help them find several Lab Techs for their plant near New Haven, CT. They are looking for 4 Technicians, one for each shift in this 24/7 facility.
The people in these positions will be responsible for testing biofuel and associated products, ensuring that it is produced efficiently and on a timely basis, by monitoring quality, and laboratory instrumentation. The Lab Technician controls laboratory equipment and systems by following established quality testing protocol. This position will support ‘on call’ as necessary 24 hours per day, every day of the year. This is a temp-to-hire role, transitioning to staff after approximately 3 months.
- Ensures that the lab is in compliance with all safety and environmental requirements to the highest standards under federal and state law.
- Maintains all Lab equipment, troubleshoots potential equipment problems, and reports concerns to the Production, Quality Control, and Logistics Manager as necessary.
- Organize certification tests on final biodiesel production lots.
- Takes samples and analyzes in-coming feedstock, in-process materials, and both product and by-product for acceptable quality.
- Conducts standard chemical and physical tests of solids, liquids, and gases for quality control, pollutants, etc.
- Maintains a clean, neat, organized laboratory at all times.
- Manages retention of lab samples
- Ensures that all lab testing chemicals, supplies, materials, etc. are in-stock in the correct amounts, and reports any shortages to the Manager, Production, Quality Control and Logistics
- Records, reports and manages test results regarding the entire production cycle.
- Prepares and retains exact written and numerical records and inspection reports.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- 1+ years of experience as a Lab Technician or similar role, in chemical, biofuel or petrochemical production (preferably in a process plant environment).
- Experience with computerized equipment and controls, and aptitude to learn company-specific programs.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be willing to comply with company standard of safety, neatness, and cleanliness.
- Must be mentally alert at all times, to ensure safety and accuracy.
- Must have basic mechanical and electrical skills.
- Ability to understand instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve under pressure/deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle competing demands with flexibility.
- Ability to safely use powered industrial equipment.
- Ability to understand instructions and underlying principles.
- Ability to reason and make sound judgement.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good grasp of safety requirements, and able to respond to normal hazards and take appropriate precautions.
- Must be able to understand EPA, DOT, OSHA, and other relevant federal and state regulations.
- Working knowledge of feedstock and biodiesel processing, as well as BQ-9000 requirements, is a plus.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Chemicals, Life Sciences|