Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: North Plainfield, NJ area
Position Type: Staff position with full benefits
Salary: $70K to $95K, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9424
Our Client is a leading supplier of deep and shallow draw metal forming services, supplying components to aerospace, battery, defense, electronics, fuel cell, industrial, medical, and telecommunications customers worldwide. They practice Six Sigma and Lean principles, and participate in Kanban, dock-to-stock, and vendor managed inventory programs. Their additional services include assembly, machining, welding, and various surface treatments and coatings.
They have asked Hallmark to help them find an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to add to their growing staff.
This client offers 2 – 3 weeks of vacation, and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and LTD insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Provide manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintain product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience developing and improving manufacturing processes
- Leadership and staff supervision experience
- Project management expertise
- Skill in managing hardware specifications
- Strong skill in developing manufacturing methods and procedures
- Experience with manufacturing Quality protocols
- Product development expertise
- CAD, CAD/CAM circuit design expertise
- Experience with ISO 9001, AS9100 or ISO 13485 certified environments
- Six Sigma / Lean manufacturing expertise
- Must have solid presentation skills
- Due to US export control laws, this person must be a US citizen or permanent resident
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com. Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.