Position Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: North Plainfield, NJ area
Position Type: Staff position with full benefits
Salary: $80K – $95K, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9425
Our Client is a leading supplier of deep and shallow draw metal forming services, supplying components to aerospace, battery, defense, electronics, fuel cell, industrial, medical, and telecommunications customers worldwide. They practice Six Sigma and Lean principles, and participate in Kanban, dock-to-stock, and vendor managed inventory programs. Their additional services include assembly, machining, welding, and various surface treatments and coatings.
This Client is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with significant experience in sophisticated tool design and troubleshooting metal forming. This client offers 2 – 3 weeks of vacation, and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and LTD insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Evaluate mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirm system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develop mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience in sophisticated tool design and troubleshooting metal forming with various tool materials and manufacturing processes
- Expertise with requirements analysis
- Production planning abilities are required
- Must have strong ability to conceptualize product designs
- Equipment maintenance knowledge
- Familiarity with Quality manufacturing protocol
- Control engineering skills are strongly preferred
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, AS9100, or ISO 13485 requirements is strongly preferred
- Expertise in Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing, or Kanban principles is a plus
- Must be able to accurately present technical information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com. Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.