Position Title: Controls Engineer – actuators
Location: Austin, TX area
Salary: Depending on Experience
Position Type: Staff position with great benefits
Position Number: 9434
Our Client is a well-established company, leading the global market in the development, design and manufacture of precision motion simulators used by aerospace, defense, automotive, and consumer electronics industries. This Client is opening a new facility in the Austin TX area, for aerospace component R&D, product design, assembly, and testing. Their predominant focus will be on highly-engineered products for use on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV).
This Client has asked Hallmark to help them find several Engineers for their new division, including a Controls Engineer with servo actuator expertise. The person in this role will work closely with a highly agile team of engineers and technicians, focusing on next-generation projects that will influence some of the nation’s most exciting aerospace programs. Because this is a new division, all members of the team will have the opportunity to influence what their work environment looks and feels like, from the ground-up. Employees are able to define their own career paths and share in the success of the company’s most important initiatives. The company operates on a 9/80 schedule, where employees work 80 hours over 9 business days and have every second Friday off.
Relocation is available. This is a unique opportunity to join a company with ambitious growth plans. This role offers great benefits and an excellent career path, working on new technology and project opportunities you will not find anywhere else.
- Design, develop, and test all aspects of complex and precise electro-mechanical rotary and linear servo actuators for UAVs and OPAs
- Interpret customer specifications and reduce to control requirements and electro-mechanical design requirements
- Create conceptual designs, assess risks, conduct design trade studies, and develop cost effective / reliable designs that meet program requirements, including demanding DO-160F environmental requirements
- Perform complex system & controls calculations
- Integrate electro-mechanical sensors into mechanical designs, modeling and specifying the dynamic properties of mechanical systems for controls development
- Develop and implement control algorithms in real-time embedded control systems to meet functional and safety requirements
- Work in close collaboration with technical staff (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, assembly technicians)
- Develop test plans and test procedures and fabricate the required test fixtures
- Build and test prototypes to ensure manufacturability, performance and reliability of designs
- Conduct sub-system and product-level testing to validate compliance to system requirements
- Perform documentation of the design with the support of design/drafting and manufacturing engineering
- Write or contribute to travelers and other work instructions as required
- Participate in Root Cause Corrective Action investigations and document analyses and findings for presentations to internal personnel and customer
- Assure that corrective actions are properly implemented
- Incorporate continuous improvements during product life cycle
- Participate in the preparation of technical proposals and use experience to baseline conceptual designs during the proposal effort
- Follow the company’s processes for configuration management and formal engineering release/change
- Identify and recommend prospective vendors for key components and manufactured items
- Advise senior management on solutions to problems.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems and Controls Engineering *OR* Electrical Engineering with a Controls Specialization is required (Master’s Degree is preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace, defense, or military-related engineering
- Extensive experience in the design of electro-mechanical actuators
- Expertise in developing real-time embedded controls and model-based control system development for non-linear complex electro-mechanical systems
- Experience creating physical models of dynamic systems in simulation tools (ex: Matlab / Simulink) to develop prototype, control systems and code-generation toolchains
- Experience in modern and classical control theory (stability analysis, frequency and time domain analysis, continuous-and discrete-time systems, state space analysis)
- Expertise in system characterization and identification of linear and nonlinear systems
- Experience executing design reviews in front of interdisciplinary teams
- Expertise with system design interfacing to a wide array of electro-mechanical subsystems, and debugging experience
- Experience preparing and presenting technical reports and design reviews
- Experience participating in proposal generation
- Must have a successful history of interacting directly with customers
- Strong computer skills (especially with Microsoft Office Suite)
- Highly detail oriented; someone who strives for perfection across all tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate peers and team members
- Highly positive, dynamic personality
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Able to work across cultures and coordinate with multiple teams
- Strong time-management skills; self-starter; highly motivated
- Occasional travel required (10% – 15%, domestic)
- Due to ITAR requirements, must be a United States Citizen
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and technical materials (under 50 lbs).
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Aerospace, Engineering|