Position Title: Director of Robotics & Space Technology
Location: Pittsburgh, PA area
Salary: $90K – $110K, D.O.E.
Position Type: Staff position with great benefits
Position Number: 9443
Our Client is a private company, developing robotics technology for space missions. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a Director to lead their Technology team, ensuring the successful delivery of NASA and commercial research projects, as well as conceptualizing and developing new in-space robotics technologies. This company has several research contracts, including NASA and commercial contracts in mobile robotics, GPS-denied navigation and mapping, autonomous precision landing, lunar exploration, planetary drones, and high-performance computing.
The person in this role will lead in a collaborative working environment, where each member of the team has a high degree of freedom, responsibility, and expectations. You will develop solutions to challenging technical problems, with the ultimate goal of making space more accessible to the world.
This is a full time, staff position, supervising a team of 8. This role offers great benefits and an excellent career path, in an exciting field.
- Defining and leading the direction of in-space robotics research and development
- Managing department budget and contracts
- Member of company leadership team, reporting to CEO
- Business development: identify, pursue, and communicate with potential clients
- Presenting to clients, the space and robotics communities, and the press
- Leading novel research and technical proposal teams
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of experience, including business development expertise
- Demonstrated success in research and technology development (academic or professional)
- Background in software development, robotics, or systems engineering is strongly preferred
- MUST have a significant background in space systems / aerospace
- Experience with project or program management
- Passion for space robotics research
- Ability to work autonomously, learn on the fly, and take initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing teams
- Experience with business development processes and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing (Applicants will be asked to submit a writing sample.)
- Experience writing proposals for government contracts
- Proficiency with MS Office tools
- US citizenship or Green Card status is required
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Aerospace, Engineering|