Position Title: Program Manager – Space
Location: Parsippany, NJ area
Salary: $85K – $107K, D.O.E. + 10% bonus potential
Position Type: Staff position with great benefits
Position Number: 9445
Our Client is a well-established manufacturer of precision controls, systems, and subsystems for aerospace and defense customers. This Client has asked Hallmark to help them find a hands-on Program Manager to lead their Space program’s engineering and manufacturing teams through design, development, qualification, and production. The person in this role coordinates internal engineering, operations, business development, finance and contracts teams, as well as being a key customer advocate and primary contact for the program. This would be an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer who is ready to take the next step in their career, an experienced Project Manager, or a new Program Manager.
This role reports to a Director and does not typically supervise staff employees. This is a full time, staff position with great benefits and a good career path. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company matching, tuition aid, paid vacation, sick/personal days, 11 holidays, summer hours, and a credit union.
- Lead space engineering and manufacturing IPD teams through design, development, qualification and LRIP production phases.
- Act as primary point of contact for customers for these phases.
- Perform project planning, progress measurement, team coordination, scope control, cost control, and status reporting to executive management and customers.
- Carry out business development activities.
- Lead and execute on specific process development
- Creation and release of project Work Breakdown Structure with approved budgets.
- Creation and maintenance of project Integrated Master Schedule.
- Facilitate IPD Process compliance by completing required Initiating Activities, Design Reviews, and Gate Review requirements.
- Facilitate internal and customer weekly team meetings/telecons with documentation of minutes and maintenance of Action Item Lists.
- Creation of monthly Program Review materials for assigned projects.
- Achievement of NRE Cost, Design to Cost, and Schedule performance against budget for assigned projects. (Shared with functional department leadership)
- Review and creation of material and/or labor plans and cost reports.
- Resolution and coordination of project cost, schedule, and technical performance issues.
- Monitor and control of project scope.
- Escalation of issues or risks that cannot be resolved at the project team level.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction for assigned projects.
- Identifying opportunities to grow business content with associated projects and customers.
- Supporting significant proposals with related PMO inputs.
- Initiating and scrubbing proposal Bases of Estimates and Schedules.
- Limited travel will be required for this role (10%).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree required
- At least 1 year of program management experience
- PMP certification is preferred
- Experience working within aerospace (or similar technical field)
- Must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and very organized
- Must be highly analytical and detail-oriented
- General knowledge of operations, including scheduling, procurement, manufacturing, test engineering, and quality systems
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) expertise
- MS Project expertise is preferred
- Ideal candidate for this role will be innovative, analytical, steadfast, collaborative, and fiscally responsible, with strong business ethics
- Must be committed to regulation compliance
- Must be committed to maintaining strong customer relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent people management skills, particularly influence management and conflict resolution
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up, including strong documentation skills
- Strong timeline management skills
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally under pressure, as needed, in order to meet deadlines or company commitments
- Must be able to obtain / maintain a security clearance
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com. Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Aerospace, Engineering|