Position Title: Machinist
Location: Dayville, CT area
Position Type: Temp-to-Hire
Salary: $20 – $25 / hr, D.O.E.
Position Number: 9447
Our Client is a well-established, state-of-the-art electronics company that specializes in RF, control, analog and digital communications equipment. They have hired Hallmark to find them a Machinist to expand their current team. The person in this position will be responsible for setup and fabrication of machined parts and assemblies. The shop operates primarily as a quick turn prototyping area.
This is a temp-to-hire role, transitioning to a staff position after five months.
- Convert SolidWorks models into CNC programs (MasterCam)
- Model making, creating parts from conceptual sketches
- Create tooling and fixtures to support fabrication of parts
- Setup and breakdown of parts runs
- Maintenance and routine servicing of machinery
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience in the operation of machine shop tools (lathes, mills, shear, etc.)
- Experience with CNC programming and operation
- Must be able to produce prototype parts from sketches
- Knowledge of cutting tool parameters
- Expertise with aluminum, steel, plastics and their properties
- Knowledge of finishing and plating techniques
- Must be comfortable interacting with outside shops when needed
- Good grasp of machine shop safety requirements, with a good safety record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, and well organized
- Functional computer skills
- Occasional lifting / carrying objects weighing 50 lbs or less
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||CNC & Manufacturing|