Position Title: Marketing Manager – Pharmaceutical instrumentation
Location: Columbia, MD area
Position Type: Staff Position with Excellent Benefits
Salary: $110 – $120K, D.O.E. (+ incentives up to $40K)
Position Number: 9448
Our Client is a major global supplier of analytical instrumentation, physical testing, and environmental monitoring systems. Their products include Carbon Analyzers, Gas and Liquid Chromatographs, Mass Spectrometers, and UV-Vis Spectrometers. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a Marketing Manager to focus on instrument sales in the pharmaceutical industry. The ideal person for this role would be experienced with laboratory instrumentation (ex: LCMS), familiar with the pharma industry, and have recent experience in sales, marketing, or business development.
Please note – we are not looking for a pharmaceutical sales rep.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with new Life Science instrumentation technology. This role is a staff position with excellent benefits and a great career path.
- Develop short and long term marketing strategy for each Product line for the assigned Market in territory.
- Together with executive management, set targeted number of assigned products to be synchronized with sales revenue target for each half of a fiscal year.
- Monitor and implement mid. and short term strategies and tactics to attain the targeted number of the sales forecast.
- Create marketing plan and budget together with the other Marketing Managers and product managers to implement and developed long and mid. term strategies.
- Manage various marketing campaigns aimed toward customers in the assigned market segment. This includes but not limited to email campaigns, lead nurturing campaigns, customer retention campaigns etc. The use of CRM and Marketing Automation software as tools will be implemented.
- To obtain and report metrics around various marketing campaigns.
- To inquire and determine why we are winning and losing sales opportunities.
- To evaluate new products for market fit and develop strategy to introduce them. This will be divided into projects to be performed locally within the USA and to be performed globally.
- To be an expert in understanding of market wants, needs and desires applicable to current and future trends within the industry and to communicate those needs to Corporate Headquarters. The use of various survey tools, customer observations and trade reports should be implemented.
- Visit regional offices or distributors to evaluate their performance and to find what countermeasure is required to improve their performance of sales.
- To contribute to exhibitions with tactics aimed toward the assigned market segment and in some cases to act as the lead Marketing Manager coordinating activities for the exhibition. This requires working with all the product managers and sales.
- To analyze company’s performance and competition, to analysis the business environment, to identify new market entrants for determining the effects on long-term strategy.
- To advise company regarding market trend, competitive situation and marketing and support issues which will contribute to business.
- Coordinate relationship with other divisions of parent company, to improve business situation by global approach.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationship with third party partners and collaborators to improve assigned Markets business.
- Plan, coordinate and present technical marketing presentations at conferences, trade shows and at selected corporate, government and academic institutions.
- Foster and track Collaborations with Key Opinion Leaders as it relates to a tactical business plan.
- Work closely with Marketing Communications Department to plan, implement, and maintain a regular productions schedule of printed application notes, newsletter articles and other related technical marketing documents.
- Create and implement training programs aimed towards increasing our sales and technical staff in understanding the assigned market space. Alignment between sales and marketing requires that we deliver the same message to our customers.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Science or business.
- At least 8 years prior successful history in management of sales and/or product marketing in analytical instrument business.
- Attention to detail and strong customer service skills are required along with a dependable work ethic.
- Must be familiar with pharmaceutical industry.
- Good Chemistry / Physics / laboratory background.
- Good knowledge of scientific instrumentation (LCMS).
- Strong market knowledge, leadership skills, organizational skills, negotiations, writing skills, sales skills, computers/software, product management.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient at operating both independently and as a team.
- Good organizational, listening and communication skills are required. This person works together with other Marketing Managers as needed due to the overlap of their respective markets therefore a team approach is necessary.
- Knowledge of Japanese Culture and / or Foreign Language is preferred, but not required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required
- Valid US passport is required
- Strong organizational skills
- Good customer relations abilities
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com. Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Biotechnology / Instrumentation, Life Sciences|