Position Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Dayville, CT area
Position Type: Temp-to-Hire position
Salary: $55K – $70K, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9453
Our Client is a well-established, state-of-the-art electronics company that specializes in RF, control, analog and digital communications equipment. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a new Accounting Manager. This position oversees the daily operation of the Accounting Department, and serves as an internal consultant for company managers, advising them on budgetary information and working to create and execute an appropriate a fiscal strategy.
This is a temp-to-hire role, becoming staff after approximately 5 months.
- Participates in the daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning process of the organization.
- Responsible for all accounting procedures of the company.
- Engages in all critical and confidential aspects of accounting and the accurate tracking of company assets.
- Prepares costing reports for our products and services.
- Ensuring compliance with all company, local, state and federal accounting and reporting procedures.
- Manages all employees of the Accounting Department and is responsible for the hiring, training and performance management of the employees within that department.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required (Associates degree with additional years of accounting management experience can be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+years of management experience in Accounting is required
- CPA credentials are desirable
- Financial management experience in a production based environment (ex: manufacturing) is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with government contracts / contractors and government billing would be very helpful
- High standards, integrity and ethical conduct
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to occasionally lift and /or carry objects weighing 50 lbs. or less
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.