Position: Technical Writer
Location: Washington, DC area
Salary $70K to $88K, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Staff position (direct-hire)
Position Number: 9458
Our client is a national consultant to the U.S. government, handling multiple contracts simultaneously. This is a full time position with benefits, initially contributing to a 12 – 18 month project, with the strong possibility to continue long term. Some of the work can be done remotely, but you would need to be on-site in the office at least 80% of the time. This is a casual dress environment, with a flexible work schedule.
The person in this role will be working with a team of data privacy scientists and software developers, researching and developing a privacy data analytics system for a government agency. The Technical Writer will collaboratively author, illustrate, edit, and publish a variety of scientific and technical reports, software and project documents. This position requires exceptional scientific and technical communication skills, with the ability to turn complex technical ideas into lucid, easy to understand documentation, for both technical and non-technical readers. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be required to provide technical writing samples, and pass a Technical Writing test.
- Organize and coordinate all technical and project documentation activities
- Document and disseminate project activities information including meeting notes and plans
- Collaborate with scientists, system developers, and subject matter experts to gather and review technical content and develop documentation subject matter
- Develop documentation and publication standards as needed
- Author, illustrate textually and graphically, compile, edit and publish a variety of project and technical documentation
- Ensure documentation quality, completeness, and standards compliance.
- Documentation will often involve flow diagrams, configuration drawings, functional systems flow diagrams, graphics, etc.
- Knowledge of the use of word processing software and the use of advanced software features, such as style sheets and macros, is necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing or other relevant major
- 4+ years of experience as a technical writer, including experience with technical report writing and publication
- Prior experience writing software specifications is absolutely required
- Experience authoring software project documentation, including plans and user manuals
- Proficient in publication software, presentation and graphics software, such as MS Office, Adobe Illustrator, Visio, draw.io
- Experience in an Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning environment would be ideal
- Background in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or Information Systems is preferred
- Experience with technical report writing / editing in a scientific publication house is a plus
- Website development and publication using web content management system, such as WordPress or Drupal, is preferred
- Experience with collaborative software platforms such as JIRA, Confluence, Git Lab, is a plus
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.hallmarkjobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. Sorry, we cannot assume or sponsor H-1 Visa Candidates. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Information Technology|