Position Title: Service Manager
Location: Near Keene, NH
Position Type: Staff Position with Excellent Benefits
Salary: Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9459
Our Client is a global leader in the design and supply of ultra-precision machining systems used in production of advanced optics. One of New Hampshire’s top companies, they are located in a state-of-the-art facility, and have installed their advanced machining systems at optics manufacturing companies in 29 different countries. This company is located in New Hampshire – a low cost of living area, with no State income tax and no retail sales tax.
This Client has asked Hallmark to help them find a Service Manager. The person in this role will be responsible for supervising, planning, directing, and organizing the Service Department, both locally (New Hampshire) and internationally (Europe and Asia). This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling, training, problem-solving and leading service engineers. The Service Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day tactical direction, along with the strategic growth of the team.
This is a staff position with excellent benefits and a great career path.
- Assists with planning, directing and establishing goals and objectives for the service team, along with our international representative’s service organizations;
- Demonstrates a strong emphasis on the service process and execution, accountability and performance;
- Inspires and coaches team members;
- Directs, oversees and approves quotations for parts and service;
- Builds and maintains a continuous improvement culture;
- Manages day-to-day scheduling of service engineers and technicians;
- Provides technical guidance and leadership;
- Drives implementation of new processes / capabilities in support of strategic growth and continuous improvement activities;
- Identifies, documents and oversees departmental metrics for productivity;
- Develops and maintains internal control systems within the Service Department;
- Provides day-to-day support and leadership to service engineers;
- Resolves issues in a collaborative manner;
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with customers and our global sales / service representatives;
- Assists service engineers, as needed, with troubleshooting and diagnostics;
- Interfaces with all departments as required;
- Provides input in departmental budgeting and monitors performance to budget;
- Responsible for annual employee review process;
- Drives the innovation-minded process through service according to business needs and strategic planning;
- Ability to travel both domestic and international for strategic meetings with customers, representatives, etc.;
- Accessible outside of normal business hours to support global customers;
- Performs other related duties as assigned in accordance with overall job responsibilities.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology (or equivalent job experience)
- 3+ years of business or service management experience
- Basic knowledge of optical and/or electronic test equipment, including some of the following: digital o-scope, auto-collimator, interferometer, DVM, chart recorder, frequency analyzer, etc.
- Must have a basic knowledge of metrology (optical is preferred)
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written & verbal communication skills, and ability to articulate ideas
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences at various levels.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Solid professionalism is required
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Field Service, Maintenance, Management|