Position Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Near Keene, NH
Position Type: Staff Position with Excellent Benefits
Salary: Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9486
Our Client is a global leader in the design and supply of ultra-precision machining systems used in production of advanced optics. One of New Hampshire’s top companies, they have a state-of-the-art facility, and have installed their advanced machining systems at optics manufacturing companies in dozens of countries. New Hampshire is a low cost-of-living area, with no State income tax and no retail sales tax.
This Client has asked Hallmark to help them find a Sr. Electrical Engineer. The person in this position will be responsible for the electrical engineering and support of ultra-precision machine systems for the electro-optics manufacturing industry. This role will use CAD software for the design and development of ultra-precision machine systems, defining and resolving engineering problems as needed. Typical projects are a combination of new development, maintenance, and revision of existing applications.
This is a staff position with frequent overtime, excellent benefits and a great career path. Benefits includes health, dental, 401k retirement, health reimbursement account, flexible spending, STD/LTD, life and AD&D insurance, tuition reimbursement, business travel insurance, EAP
- Ability to broadly apply principles, theories, concepts and techniques of the electrical engineering discipline.
- Solve electrical problems using accepted engineering practices, under limited supervision of more experienced personnel.
- Lead small projects or phases/portions of lager projects.
- Troubleshoot hydrostatics, pneumatics, PC based controllers, DC servo systems, PMAC or other logic controllers and sophisticated electronic test equipment.
- Conceptualize and engineer new, unique electrical systems that meet customer requirements.
- Represent panel layouts, schematics, wire run lists and assembly procedures, using CAD systems and documentation such as Bill of Materials, specifications, and instructions sheets.
- Perform engineering changes (EC) according to standard procedures with explicit attention to detail of the design, how the EC will effect disposition of past, present and future effected products, and EC documentation.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously; meeting deadlines while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress.
- Actively participate in product design reviews and work directly with the engineering staff to develop cost effective solutions.
- Ensure that all relevant data is collected, reviewed, and filed for all projects, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Prepare and present detailed technical reports to management and staff.
- Potentially write / publish papers and present at relevant conferences, when mutually agreed upon with management.
- Contribute to written instruction and operation manuals for company products.
- Perform in-house technical support.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- 10+ years of work experience (or MSEE with 5+ years of work experience).
- Versatility and strong technical comprehension, as well as creativity.
- Efficient use of engineering tools such as CAD, Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM), associated work flows, and release processes.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, as well as good overall computer skills.
- Strong sense of professionalism.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with a high level of efficiency, attention to detail, and customer service skill.
- Flexible; capable of working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.