Position Title: Field Service Technicians
Location: Near Keene, NH
Position Type: Staff Position with Excellent Benefits
Salary: $24 to $28 / hour, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9487
Our Client is a global leader in the design and supply of ultra-precision machining systems used in production of advanced optics. One of New Hampshire’s top companies, they have a state-of-the-art facility, and have installed their advanced machining systems at optics manufacturing companies in dozens of countries. New Hampshire is a low cost-of-living area, with no State income tax and no retail sales tax.
This Client has asked Hallmark to help them find new Field Service Technicians to add to their staff. The people in this position will perform installation, maintenance, and repair of machining systems in customer facilities, as well as provide phone support, and dispatch of repair/replacement parts.
This is a staff position with frequent overtime, excellent benefits and a great career path. Benefits includes health, dental, 401k retirement, health reimbursement account, flexible spending, STD/LTD, life and AD&D insurance, tuition reimbursement, business travel insurance, EAP
- Installing and / or repairing of precision machining systems at customer facilities.
- Provides support to customers via telephone, email, remote connection (Team Viewer), and the dispatch of replacement / repaired parts.
- Establishes and maintains strong supportive relationships with customers.
- Follows up promptly with customers as necessary to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Responsible for accurately quoting service jobs and parts.
- Compiles and maintains centrally located, accurate documentation files, regarding all aspects of service activity, including entries in the CRM system.
- Provides basic training to customers relating to machine operation,
- Ensures that best practices are observed and utilized for electrical and general safety requirements.
- Adheres to strict production / repair schedules through time management, planning of tasks, coordinating any necessary support resources, parts/equipment availability, etc.
- Interfaces with all departments as needed, assuring transfer of product quality issues / concerns, potential enhancements or cost savings ideas.
- Provides information regarding potential new sales opportunities to the Sales Department.
- Ensures that any information learned from customers, or while at customer sites, is held in confidence within the company, and treated with discretion.
- 30%-50% travel to customer facilities (sometimes on short notice), including overnight/weekend travel. Usually 1 – 2 weeks at a time (domestic and international).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Associate’s Degree in electromechanical technology, or equivalent job experience is required
- 2+ years of electromechanical service experience is required
- Machining experience is preferred, but not required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and obtain or hold a current US Passport.
- Must be familiar with the operation of optical and electronic test equipment, including: Digital O-scope, Auto-Collimator, Interferometer, DVM, Chart Recorder, Frequency Analyzer, etc.
- Extensive experience in all forms of electrical / mechanical assembly, diagnosis, troubleshooting, machine operation, programming, maintenance and repair.
- Extremely strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing and capable of pro-actively investigating and correcting complex technical problems.
- Professional demeanor, with the ability to function effectively under high pressure conditions.
- Good verbal, written, and computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with a high level of efficiency, attention to detail, and customer service skill.
- Flexible; capable of working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Field Service|