Position Title: CNC Setup Operator Location: Catskill, NY area Relocation: No Position Type: Staff role (day shift) Salary: Depending on Experience Position Number: 9488
Our Client is a well-established, 50 year old company, manufacturing plastic hardware and components for clients in the aerospace, automotive, chemical, electronics, medical and telecommunications industries. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a CNC Setup Operator with programming experience, for their Toolmaking department. This department makes injection molds and handles mold repair, among other duties. The hours for this role are 8am – 4pm.
This is a staff position with a great company, offering excellent benefits and a good career path. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance, as well as 401K after one year (matching first 4%).
- Program, set up and operate a computer numerical control (CNC) machine to produce machined parts.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints and checking material stock.
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, offsets.
- Calculate requirements, including basic math, geometry, trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops and stock pushers.
- Load material.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part and sample pieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing cutting, drilling, grooving, turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations.
- Troubleshoot processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; following quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Address preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshoot malfunctions and request repairs.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 2+ years of CNC experience – or technical school diploma – is required
- Must have setup & operation experience with CNC mills (3 axis), including Fanuc controls
- Must have CNC programming experience (G & M code)
- Tooling setup is required
- Setup & operation experience with lathes (4 axis) is preferred, especially Tsugami / Swiss lathes
- Toolmaking experience is a plus
- EDM experience is a plus
- Must be detail-oriented, with good organization, able to work with limited supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||CNC & Manufacturing|