Position Title: Plant Manager
Location: Terryville, CT area
Position Type: Staff Position with Excellent Benefits
Salary: $75K to $95K, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9498
Our Client is a 100-year-old global manufacturer of commercial springs and metal components, serving aerospace, automotive, and military customers. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a Plant Manager to run their Connecticut manufacturing facility.
The schedule for this role is Monday – Friday, 7am – 4:45pm, with regular OT and Saturday work as needed. This is a staff position, reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 3 weeks of PTO, 10 paid holidays, 401K matching, a company cell phone, and a company vehicle.
- Develop new plans and strategies for improving the operations and profitability of the plant.
- Coordinate plant activities and plans with company headquarters, as well as with other plants, to ensure that overall company manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Establish and maintain a safe and clean work environment, conducive to conforming to product and process requirements, as well as employee well-being.
- Ensure that all plant operations are performed in compliance with regulatory requirements, including OSHA requirements and requirements of various environmental agencies.
- Develop competent employees, including the management of employee training on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor the availability of all raw materials necessary for production.
- Ensure that suitable production related equipment and tooling is established and maintained at a high level of readiness.
- Ensure that such production equipment is capable of completing pertinent operations at a high level of quality, at the appropriate speed and within the time allotted.
- Manage the plant level purchasing of parts, manufacturing supplies and outside services.
- Manage the utilization of customer owned raw material, tooling and supplies.
- Establish and maintain plant level documentation such as visual controls, posters and signage.
- Foster an environment of continual improvement in all aspects of plant activities.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent education and experience) required
- 3+ years of management experience, in a manufacturing environment
- Proven record of success, leading changes and reducing costs
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Quality Management (ISO 9001)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skills with shop math
- Microsoft Office skills (including Excel and Word)
- Must be a creative thinker
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills required
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||CNC & Manufacturing, Facilities, Industrial, Management, Manufacturing|