Position Title: Process Engineering Technician
Location: Wallingford, CT area
Position Type: Staff Position with great benefits
Salary: Depending on Experience
Hours: First shift (6am – 4:30pm, M-Th)
Position Number: 9499
Our Client is a successful custom manufacturer of rubber and polymer products for the aerospace, military, and industrial markets. They have been in business for 50 years, and have doubled in size since 2017. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a Process Engineering Technician to add to the staff at their Wallingford area facility. The person in this role will focus on continuous improvement efforts, utilizing Lean value stream mapping, process support, and implementation, process monitoring, SPC, and FMEA, to drive improvements in safety, productivity, and quality.
This is a first-shift, full-time, staff position, working Monday – Thursday (10 hour days). This position offers a strong career path and great benefits.
- Help lead Lean Manufacturing efforts and manage safety, productivity, and quality improvement projects to support rapid improvement.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of process capability.
- Develop cross functional Kaizen teams to address organizational wide continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead Kaizen events focused on efficiency improvements and cost reduction efforts, report progress to management.
- Follow-up Kaizen events and ensure proper metrics are installed to ensure sustainment of improvements.
- Provide solutions to manufacturing process problems utilizing Lean principles.
- Modify cell layouts utilizing Lean value stream principles where feasible. Identifies and recommends improvements of accurate cell capacity and production rates.
- Understand and apply TPM (Preventative Maintenance) principles to equipment and facilities.
- Implement and maintain Visual Factory and 5-S systems on the production floor and in support areas.
- Identify wasteful activities and why they should be eliminated, using Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Ensure repeatable product quality and on-time delivery to customer base.
- Assist in the development and implementation of corrective action.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Associate’s Degree is required
- 3+ years of operations experience in a manufacturing environment
- Certification as Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt is required
- Knowledge and experience with OSHA regulations, workplace safety programs, basic ergonomics
- Experience with ERP / MRP software is strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively on a team
- Basic computer skills are required
- Must be able to lift / move 40 – 60 lbs
- This position involves work in an office and on the shop floor, frequent use of arms, hands and fingers, verbal communication, walking, sitting, and standing.
- Must be a US Citizen
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.