Position Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Wallingford, CT area
Position Type: Staff Position with great benefits
Salary: $70K – $90K, Depending on Experience
Hours: First shift (6am – 4:30pm, M-Th)
Position Number: 9500
Our Client is a successful custom manufacturer of rubber and polymer products for the aerospace, military, and industrial markets. They have been in business for 50 years, and have doubled in size since 2017. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a Quality Engineer to add to the staff at their Wallingford area facility. The person in this role will provide statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples, working with other Engineers, the Production Manager, production workers and vendors. This role reports to the QA Manager.
This is a first-shift, full-time, staff position, working Monday – Thursday (10 hour days). This position offers a strong career path and excellent benefits.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
- Develops experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Maintains statistical process controls and calibration records. Publish and analyze metrics.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies, and maintaining ASQC-certified qualification.
- Assist with contract reviews, and audits for AS9100, ISO9000, ESA/OSHA compliance, and assures engineering specifications and quality requirements compliance.
- Facilitate and perform on-site visits for root cause analysis.
- Implement and verify corrective actions of supplier quality issues (including system audits, corrective and preventive action resolution and continuous improvement actions).
- Develop new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Work with inspection, suppliers, production, and purchasing to disposition non-conforming product.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and making recommendations. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors of Science degree or (3+ years of additional experience)
- 2+ years of experience in quality engineering
- Requires SQA (Society of Quality Assurance) & client regulations training
- Demonstrate ability to understand and enforce the basic requirements of a quality system within aerospace/manufacturing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills required using established methodologies.
- Working knowledge with at least one of the following: AutoCAD, Catia, CMM machine, or CAD.
- Good written and verbal communication abilities. Must speak, read, and write English.
- Must have ability to read blueprints/drawings
- Must have some computer knowledge
- The person in this position is required to be able to move up to 100 lbs occasionally, and up to 25 lbs frequently.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, climb and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required: normal or normal-adjusted vision.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Quality Assurance / QC|