Position Title: CNC Process Engineer
Location: Sandy Hook, CT area
Position Type: Staff Position with Excellent Benefits
Salary: $75K – $105K, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9501
Our Client is a 50 year-old company handling precision machining, assembly and testing for customers in the Medical, Life Science, and Aerospace industries. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a CNC Process Engineer to add to their team. The person in this role will develop manufacturing processes, program CNC Machine Tools, and design fixtures and gaging, as well as assisting with quotes and troubleshooting / support of manufacturing and quality control processes. This position typically works 45 hours per week. OT is available, but not required, and is compensated at a straight hourly rate, based on annual salary.
This is a great company that organization that values a respectful, family-like environment, life-long learning, continuous improvement, making commitments and keeping them, and a dedicated focus on our customers. The position offers excellent benefits and a good work environment, with generous health, dental, disability, life insurance and PTO benefits.
- Manages New Product Introductions.
- Develops project plans, manages project team activities, and communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Develops, prepares, and maintains manufacturing process routings, drawings, and tool sheets.
- Creates, implements and troubleshoots CNC programs for new parts on 3, 4, and 5-axis machining centers using MasterCAM.
- Designs and oversees fabrication and prove-out of workholding fixtures.
- Confers with customers to clarify or resolve problems in developing designs or processes.
- Proficient working with customer drawings & models, creating and modifying models, and creating documentation to support machinists.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Is knowledgeable regarding processes such as anodizing, chromate, heat treat, grinding, etc.
- Improves manufacturing methods for improving production costs, yields, quality, and safety.
- Assists all shop floor associates, Quality Engineers, Cell Associates to troubleshoot process problems, driving to root cause and develop corrective actions.
- Estimates production times and related costs to provide information for formal sales quotes and management decisions.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering is strongly preferred
- 10+ years of process engineering experience in a machine shop environment, using CAD and CAM software (Solidworks, MasterCam)
- 5+ years of experience with CNC 5-axis Horizontal Machining
- Programming in MasterCAM for 4- and 5-axis Horizontal Machining
- Experience designing workholding fixtures for parts of non-standard shapes, such as: Castings, Forgings, Flimsy parts
- Experience designing complex workholding fixtures (like hydraulic) versus hold parts in a standard vise
- Experience dealing with raw material suppliers like casting and forging houses, extrusions, etc.
- Experience dealing with secondary process suppliers such as anodizing, painting, plating, heat treating
- Experience designing in Solidworks
- Experience quoting new parts for customer RFQ, and developing entire machining & secondary processes
- Good knowledge of GD&T and metrology, to facilitate interaction with inspectors
- Good understanding of SPC and Process Capability
- Must have good communications skills and be able to work effectively on a team
- Able to handle multiple priorities and be comfortable working in an environment with very short deadlines
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, machine drawings, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||CNC & Manufacturing, Engineering|