Position Title: Service Technician
Location: Paterson, NJ area
Position Type: Staff Position with great benefits
Salary: $25 to $26 / hour, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9503
Our Client is a manufacturer of print finishing, binding, lamination, and graphic arts products, with distribution centers throughout the United States. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a Service Technician to add to their staff.
This role reports directly to the Service Manager. This is a staff position with a strong career path and great benefits.
- Repair, receive, ship, or stock customer or in-house equipment sent in for repair.
- Packing and unpacking the equipment as well as moving the equipment in a safe manner.
- Visually examine the overall condition of the equipment.
- Based on information provided by the customer or Supervisor, function testing is performed to verify the fault, complaint, or operational issue.
- Interact with all internal and external customers in a manner that will provide proper customer service, as expected by the Supervisor, and follow all Service Department or Spiral Binding Company policy guidelines.
- Communicate with customers or equipment operators via telephone or fax, as needed, regarding issues with the equipment, and provide customer support of equipment.
- Utilizing electrical and mechanical diagrams, evaluate the mechanical and electrical integrity of the equipment. This may entail disassembly and inspection of electrical and mechanical components and safety devices for proper function.
- Using diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques, determine a course of action that will result in an effective and safe repair.
- Responsible for all necessary paperwork, including repair estimates, repair orders and parts orders.
- Maintaining the spare parts stock, and ordering parts in a timely manner to achieve an efficient service repair.
- Full function testing will be performed on the equipment, before and after all repairs, as a means of quality control.
- Match up ordered parts with sales orders or pick-tickets to fulfill parts orders from customers.
- Evaluate new samples of equipment supplied by the Sales department for quality in design, assembly and safety.
- May be required to interact with other departments as necessary to complete job tasks.
- The Service Technician staff reports directly to the Service Manager, or a person that the Service Manager designates.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School or Technical Diploma, or GED (or equivalent experience)
- Must have 3+ years of equipment service / machine maintenance experience
- Excellent technical skills, able to troubleshoot a variety of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Strong organization skills; able to multi-task
- Good written and verbal English skills
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.