Position Title: Executive Secretary Job Type: Temporary Position – 3+ months Location: Columbus Blvd. Hartford, CT Hours: 8am – 5pm, M – F (1 hr unpaid lunch) Wage: $16 per hour Position Number: 9515
Our friends at the CT Department of Education have asked us to provide an Executive Secretary to support their Bureau of HR on a temporary basis. The person in this position will support the day-to-day operations of Human Resources, particularly the HR Administrator. The Executive Secretary will handle her schedule, correspondence, staff email distribution, coordinate HR meetings, and provide a range of administrative duties within the Bureau. The person selected for this assignment must have experience providing high-level executive support, advanced problem-solving and interpersonal skills, and experience working in an environment where confidentiality and discretion were required.
This is a temporary role, expected to run until October 1, with a possible extension beyond that time. Parking will be provided.
- Formats and types correspondence, reports, memos and bills from rough drafts, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads and edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews references materials and manuals.
- Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources and prepares statistical and/or narrative reports; analyzes information and may make recommendations.
- Acts on behalf of manager as needed, interpreting established policies and procedures, troubleshooting, and relieving manager of as much administrative detail as possible. Regularly makes decisions in manager’s absence (within prescribed limits of authority).
- Screens letters, memos, reports and other materials to determine action required; may make recommendations to supervisor.
- Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment), researches and assembles meeting materials (charts, graphs, reports).
- Writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough drafts. Takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription.
- Prepares expense accounts and makes travel arrangements.
- Office management duties. Authorizes purchases and payments (within prescribed limits of authority), prepares documentation for office/department budget, coordinates budget control and monitoring, develops office/department procedural manuals, assists in interviewing and hiring office support staff, trains office support staff. May supervise office support staff.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- 3+ years of Exec Secretary / high-level Administrative support experience
- Experience working with confidential information; discretion is absolutely required
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, accustomed to multiple competing priorities and performing tasks under pressure to meet deadlines
- Skilled at coordinating, copying and disseminating requests for information, from various sources
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Administrative, Clerical|