Position Title: Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) II
Location: Wallingford, CT
Position Type: Staff Position with great benefits
Salary: $50K – $60K, D.O.E.
Position Number: 9517
Our Client provides equipment maintenance staff, equipment service contracts, and medical equipment to hospitals, clinics, and research facilities across the US. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a BMET II to fill a vacant position, providing maintenance and repair services for medical equipment at a primary facility. The BMET is responsible for providing intermediate-level experience in the repair, calibration, and maintenance on basic to complex biomedical equipment and instrumentation, and the associated support systems used in healthcare delivery. This position will be primarily based in the Wallingford facility, with one day a week in the field, assisting with other medical facilities in the region.
This position offers paid vacation and sick time (PTO), as well as benefits including health, dental and life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health & child care, tuition reimbursement, and job-related training. This is a staff position with a great potential career path.
- Performing routine repair and maintenance on a variety of medical equipment at a site and satellite facilities
- Troubleshooting equipment malfunctions
- Inspecting, testing and calibrating equipment
- Performing post-repair testing to confirm equipment function
- Assisting with equipment inventory verification
- General troubleshooting to maintain equipment in satisfactory and safe operating condition
- Preparing timely and complete documentation
- Following client and NovaMed policies & procedures
- Complying with standard protocols, regulatory standards & codes
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- AS Degree: Electronics/Biomedical/Related **or** Relevant Military Training
- 3+ years of experience working as BMET, with increasing responsibilities in hospital or field service environment, on a variety of medical equipment (vital signs monitors, exam / treatment tables, sterilizers, pulse oximeters, ESUs, defibrillators/AEDs, OR tables, OR video stacks, hyfrecators, aspirators, centrifuges, physical therapy devices, stretchers, beds, ventilators, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic electronic principles and ability to interpret technical diagrams for a variety of devices
- Understanding of basic anatomy and physiology related to functions of biomedical equipment
- Good English language skills to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external staff
- Basic PC software proficiency (MS OUTLOOK,WORD, EXCEL preferred)
- Good references and demonstrated quality customer service skills
- General knowledge of Joint Commission standards, NFPA 99 rules and requirements, other regulations, healthcare safety protocols, etc.
- History of attention to detail and on-time paperwork completion
- Ability to work successfully independently, and to perform effectively as a team-member
- Ability to report reliably to work, with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude and ability to build/maintain good internal and external relationships.
- Reliable personal transportation, with appropriate level of insurance for business use.
- Good driving record.
- Good manual dexterity & hand-eye coordination to work with small parts/tools.
- Color vision to determine wiring and other safety coding.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35-50 lbs. equipment, tools, etc.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Biotechnology / Instrumentation, Field Service|