Position Title: Program Manager
Location: Parsippany, NJ area
Salary: $100K – $120K, D.O.E. + 10% bonus potential
Position Type: Staff position with great benefits
Position Number: 9536
Our Client is a well-established manufacturer of precision control components, systems, and subsystems for customers in the aircraft, missile, marine, land systems, satellites, launch vehicles, and spacecraft industries. This Client has asked Hallmark to help them find a hands-on Program Manager to lead multiple, concurrent development programs through proposal, funding, development, qualification and volume production. The person in this role coordinates internal engineering, operations, business development, finance and contracts teams, as well as being a key customer advocate and primary contact for the program. This would be an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer who is ready to take the next step in their career, or an experienced Program Manager ready for more responsibility.
In this role you will lead multiple aerospace and military engineering and manufacturing teams through design, development, qualification and production phases, acting as primary point of contact for customers for these phases. You will perform project planning, progress measurement, scope control, and status reporting to executive management and customers.
This is a full time, staff position with great benefits and a good career path. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company matching, tuition aid, paid vacation, sick/personal days, 11 holidays, summer hours, and a credit union.
- Execution to goals for assigned programs based on program metrics (Development NRE, unit costs, Schedule, etc.)
- Customer satisfaction, relationship building and advocacy for assigned projects Act as primary point of contact for customers for these phases.
- Perform project planning, progress measurement, team coordination, scope control, cost control, and status reporting to executive management and customers.
- Coordination and overall program direction for internal cross-functional teams.
- Risk assessment and mitigation, program status reporting and closure of program issues.
- Creation and release of project Work Breakdown Structure with approved budgets.
- Reviewing and creating program budgets including internal and external labor, outside services and material procurement.
- Control of project scope.
- Monthly Program reviews with executive leadership for Facilitate internal and customer weekly team meetings / teleconferences, with documentation of minutes and maintenance of Action Item Lists.
- Creation of monthly Program Review materials for assigned projects.
- Achievement of NRE Cost, Design to Cost, and Schedule performance against budget for assigned projects. (Shared with functional department leadership)
- Review and creation of material and/or labor plans and cost reports.
- Resolution/coordination of project cost, schedule, and technical performance issues.
- Monitor and control of project scope.
- Escalation of issues or risks that cannot be resolved at the project team level.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction for assigned projects.
- Identifying opportunities to grow business content with associated projects and customers.
- Supporting significant proposals with related PMO inputs.
- Initiating and scrubbing proposal Bases of Estimates and Schedules.
- Expectations include:
- Project expenditures within 10% of budget.
- On-time delivery of major milestones within 2 weeks of baseline.
- The highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Early detection and mitigation of risks.
- Demonstration of highest ethical standards
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or Business.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in aerospace and/or military mechanical and/or electrical component and/or systems engineering design, development, and manufacturing.
- Must have a good understanding of basic program and project management principles (ex: Project Management Institute / PMI or Lean frameworks like Kanban)
- US Citizenship is required for this role, due to ITAR requirements.
- Must have strong customer interaction and relationship-building skills.
- Good computer skills, including skill with MS Office.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong business acumen.
- Exemplary verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as any and all outside agents, including but not limited to; vendors, suppliers, customers, etc.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Aerospace, CNC & Manufacturing, Engineering, Management, Manufacturing|