Position Title: BI Developer Analyst Consultant
Location: Remote (Connecticut resident) and/or Hartford, CT area
Position Type: 6 Month to 1 Year Contract
Rate: $53.00 to $58.00 Per Hour on a W-2 Basis D.O.E.
Position Number: 9555
Our client, a division of the State of Connecticut – Business Intelligence (BI) Unit has asked Hallmark to locate and hire for them a BI Developer Analyst Consultant for a 6 month to 1 year consulting contract.
As a business intelligence developer/analyst, your role is to become an expert at understanding the division and the data to ensure the data aligns with the business goals. You will be responsible for identifying and communicating data trends to business stakeholders. Your goal is to aid business stakeholders in drawing insights from data by interpreting and translating business needs into data storage, analysis, and visualization solutions. You will need to understand how to develop star-schema datamarts, optimize data retrieval, and how to develop dashboards, reports and other visualizations for stakeholders.
This position requires strong technical skills (such as data development, creation of dashboard/reports) and soft skills (such as communication and business knowledge). This client utilizes the Microsoft BI stack and Tableau as the primary platforms and systems.
This position may begin as a remote position and may transfer to an in-person Hartford area position at some time in the future.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from the Division and Branch to promote and facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Utilize client information systems and data development to extract raw data, transform the data into information, and then use the information to provide knowledge to client for enhanced decision-making and action.
- Develop data platforms to increase data access across the organization.
- Provide dashboards/reports for stakeholders to use to enhance the services we provide to clients.
- Develop reporting that is integrated into case management systems to provide enhanced intelligence to field staff.
- Evaluate process and program performance through research studies that rely heavily on data and statistical analysis. This can sometimes occur in partnership with colleges, universities and/or research organizations.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests.
The scope of services required for the Business Intelligence Developer includes:
- Design, create, deploy, and maintain data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
- Develop data modeling, ETL solutions, and BI/analytical content using Microsoft SQL Server BI stack (SSRS/SSMS/SSIS), Excel, Tableau.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests for information by writing complex T-SQL
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to solve complex business problems by gathering requirements, prototyping and testing or enhancing existing solutions to meet new requirements
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Tableau Desktop Certification required
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience working with data in Tableau.
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience with MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2016 including T-SQL/PL-SQL programming and scripting
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience as a database developer
- Thorough understanding of data warehousing concepts, Star Schema design and slowly changing dimensions
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience building Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards) using Microsoft Business Intelligence technology stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) or other technologies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience assembling and validating large datasets for research/analysis
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with data in Excel
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements
- Ability to work with staff of varying skill levels, both technical and non-technical
- Strong communications skills including written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
- Proven ability to produce quality work independently, with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply.
|Job Category||Engineering, Information Technology|