Accountant – State of Connecticut Consultant
Position Title: Accountant
Job Type: 6-month Temporary Position
Location: Hartford, CT
Wage: $24.00-24.50 DOE
Our friends at the State of CT in Hartford has asked Hallmark to find a Temp Accountant to support for their office in Hartford. This position includes performing a variety of increasingly difficult duties, such as participating in the creation of audit plans for financial or compliance audits in accordance with government auditing standards.
- Assist with examining, analyzing, and testing internal controls, policies, and procedures of federal and state programs; review compliance with state or federal laws and regulations
- Review financial statements for conformance with generally accepting accounting.
- Mission minded with a willingness to learn, grow, and serve
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, with at least 15 semester hours in accounting
- 1-2 years of Accounting Experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices
- Knowledge of business mathematics and statistics; some knowledge of business uses of information technology
- Some knowledge of effective report writing ability to read and understand written materials; ability to utilize computer software
- Interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.