Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Hartford, CT
Position Type: 6 month temporary position
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Our friends at the State of Connecticut have asked for Hallmark to hire and provide the services of an experienced Administrative Assistant to assist them for the next few months. This assignment is expected to be approximately 6 months.
- Support Chief of Staff, Executive Secretary and Administrative Assistant of Operations on a variety of administrative, operational and general organizational tasks as necessary.
- Duties include, but are not limited to: Assist in commissioner’s office scheduling, meeting planning & event logistics & internal communications;
- Aid in processing travel requests, purchase orders, invoices and other operational financial processes;
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, event materials, PPE for providers, and staff resources;
- Answer main line phone calls, provide warm responsive communications to the public, and connect to the appropriate internal staff members;
- Complete other tasks as directed
- Support Communications Division Director on a variety of administrative tasks as necessary. Duties include, but are not limited to: i. Support in fielding requests for public statements, press releases, and commissioner appearances; communicate with external parties as necessary;
- Conduct research & support in data tracking; Pull up to date and accurate information quickly and assemble in a usable format
- Assist in meeting scheduling and logistics for Communications Director and external parties;
- Draft memos, email communications, fact sheets and other documents as requested and to be reviewed and edited by Communications Director;
- Assemble legislative binders for leadership in the Commissioner’s Office;
- Attend legislative hearings and take notes
- Reports daily to the Chief of Staff & Commissioner’s Executive Assistant
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word) experience required
- Detail oriented; Can track multiple projects and tasks at once
- Customer service oriented; Ability to communicate well with internal teams, general public, and external partners a must
- Experience working in a collaboration software such as Microsoft Teams, Outlook preferred.
- Must be experienced with database work and data entry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Administrative, Clerical|