Position Title: Auditor
Location: Rocky Hill, CT area
Position Type: Temporary Consultant
Salary: $33-35/hr DOE
Our Client is a quasi-state agency looking for a Auditor. This position is responsible to perform medium to large complex audits and servicer compliance reviews within the Internal Audit Charter. This position will assist with the completion of a risk-based audit and servicer review compliance plan that is designed to add value and improve the Authority’s operations through evaluations of management and internal control processes.
- Independently perform cross-functional internal audits of the Authority’s business, financial and technology processes to evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management and internal controls are functioning as intended by management and are in compliance with statutes, policies and procedures. Gain a detailed understanding of complex processes and complete risk assessments. Identify potential audit observations to determine if additional attest work is required to understand trends and root causes. Quantify the fiscal impact and/or other exposures to the Authority. Recommend improvements in internal controls which may enhance operating efficiencies and effectiveness and ensure compliance with statutes, policies, and procedures. Review management responses for corrective action.
- Independently perform single family mortgage loan servicer compliance reviews to ensure that servicers are in compliance with key statutory, regulatory, insurer and CHFA contract requirements. Identify conditions of noncompliance and assess (non)financial impacts. Discuss conditions with servicer senior management, prepare review reports, and evaluate responses to determine if appropriate corrective actions have been taken.
- Assist with the following activities:
Provide technical expertise and consulting services on internal controls to management and staff for all business processes of the Authority, as well as, loan servicers, and respond to questions from servicer personnel.
- Participate on audits of highly confidential business functions, including potential forensic reviews of programs, activities, etc., which may involve misappropriation or misuse of funds, to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Perform department continuous improvements including updates to servicer compliance review programs based on changes to statutory, insurer, and requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars/webinars, reviewing professional publications, monitoring regulatory and statutory changes, and participating in professional organizations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Master’s preferred)
- 7 years of hands-on audit experience
- Must have a Certified Public Account (CPA) designation
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification preferred
- Demonstrates experience and proficiency with the audit process, including assessment of financial, operational, compliance and information technology risks.
- Must have extensive knowledge in generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Requires the ability to research statutory, regulatory and insurer requirements, also requires proficiency with Microsoft Office™ and system applications
- Ability to become proficient with newly implemented systems.
- Requires excellent interview, written and oral communication and negotiation skills, ability to assess risk and exercise sound audit judgment, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as, part of a team, and requires the highest degree of independence, objectivity, and professional ethics.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Accounting, Administrative|