Position Title: Custodian
Location: Brooklyn, CT area
Position Type: Temp-to-Hire (part-time25-30hrs)
Salary: $13 – 15 / hr, D.O.E.
Our Client is a well-established, state-of-the-art electronics company that specializes in RF, analog and digital communications equipment. They have hired Hallmark to help them find a part time Custodian to help maintain their facility. This role will be responsible for the custodial work in offices, restrooms, warehouses and industrial areas.
This position will be part time (25-30 hours per week). This is a temp-to-hire role, transitioning to a staff position after five months.
- Works in a safe manner and recognizes unsafe situations / conditions. Takes appropriate action to ensure safety of themselves and others within the facility.
- Sweep, vacuum, mop, and scrub floors.
- Dust offices, lights, blinds, and cleans all surface areas.
- Cleaning of all restrooms and showers.
- Cleaning of all windows, both inside and outside.
- Collecting and disposing of all trash and recycling in the building
- Move cabinets, boxes, furniture and test-racks throughout the facility.
- Stain removal from carpets, walls, ceilings, etc. using chemical cleaning solutions.
- Painting walls to keep them looking new and presentable.
- Routine maintenance of HVAC systems by performing regular cleaning per system requirements and changing filters, when needed.
- Sweeping walkways, raking leaves, cutting grass, snow / ice removal, along with performing other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Performs routine maintenance on building interior and exterior.
- Escort and assist vendors and contractors for necessary building repairs, to include during any situation / emergency that may be outside the scope of routine maintenance.
- Maintains a schedule of when services are due and when maintenance has been performed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma
- 3+ years of experience in similar role
- Environmental tolerance (Temperature of the work area may be affected by outside temperatures and machining)
- Physical ability: This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
- Must be able to regularly lift and move items over 50 pounds
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com .
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Assembly, Facilities, Industrial, Maintenance|