Position Title: Data Analyst – Reporting
Location: Hartford, CT
Position Type: Consultant to Hire
Salary: $35 to $50 per hour D.O.E.
Position Number: 9558
Our client is a division of the State of Connecticut. They have asked us to find a consulting Data Analyst who is seeking to join this organization as an employee. They seek someone who is flexible in their approach to people and technical issues, and eager to learn. They need someone who is self-motivated and able to operate independently.
NOTE: Our client will consider a junior person with 2+ years of the necessary technical skills. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This person will be charged with disseminating reliable information and meaningful analysis across various business units. Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations and Analytics, the Data Analyst-Reporting will contribute to, and support, business intelligence and decision making by developing efficient methods for extracting data from source systems, automating processes, developing end-user reports, and expanding the use of new technologies within this government subdivision.
- Support enterprise-wide analytics by collaborating with other departments to understand business reporting needs and requirements
- Understands and support complex data models across multiple lines of business
- Serve as organization subject matter expert in web analytics via Google Analytics and supporting infrastructure software
- Perform complex data analysis in support of business unit requests. Responsible for identification of baselines and process measures, management of report distribution, and recommendations based on identified best practice.
- Use statistical analysis and visualizations to guide strategic business decisions and opportunities for customers
- Develop and deliver data visualizations to support data exploration using modern data visualization techniques
- Present analytic findings in a clear and concise format to internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as business owner/SME for MS SQL Server data warehouse (DWH). Triage and research issues. As necessary.
- Serve as point of contact for vendors. Coordinate the implementation and testing of enhancements/fixes.
- Gather and analyze data to create documentation and specifications for new data production reports and effectively communicate related methodologies to business users
- Manage timely and accurate delivery of mandatory federal and state marketplace reports
- Establish and implement standards and strategies for efficient data management and data quality review processes
- Seek and adopt internal and external best practices to raise standards on data quality, consistency and efficiency
- Serve as a data steward this organization
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required in information systems or related field; experience in healthcare industry a plus
- 2+ years working with Microsoft SQL
- General knowledge of call center data management tools and systems – exposure to Avaya, Siebel (CRM) and Contact Solutions or similar telephony systems highly desirable
- Self-reliant and self-motivated to understand and develop technical solutions.
- Experience designing and working with relational and multi-dimensional models.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in T-SQL, Tableau, SSRS, API (REST and SOAP), and Python.
- Experience with GIS concepts, including the creation of mapping tools and geocoding data.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. Sorry, we can not consider subcontract employees and can not sponsor or assume H-1 Visas.
|Job Category||Information Technology|