Position Title: Electronics Test Technician
Location: Dayville, CT area
Position Type: Temp-to-Hire
Salary: $18 – $22 / hr, D.O.E.
Our Client is a well-established, state-of-the-art electronics company that specializes in RF, control, analog and digital communications equipment. They have hired Hallmark to find them a Test Technician to expand their current team. The person in this position will be testing, aligning, troubleshooting, repairing, and modifying circuit boards to obtain specified functionality.
This is a temp-to-hire role, transitioning to a staff position after five months.
- Test various circuit board chassis to comply with customers specifications
- Make repairs down to component level on circuit boards
- Make adjustments and calibrations to circuit boards
- Modifies functions of circuit boards to conform to specific requirements
- Sets up standard test apparatus or test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate
- performance and reliability of circuit boards
- Analyzes and interprets test data
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry, components and records effects on unit performance
- Complete paperwork associated with testing and troubleshooting
- Fabricated cables for use with test equipment and circuit boards as needed
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience working in the electronics field
- Research and Development / Manufacturing experience a big plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot down to component level
- Skilled with volt meters, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, power supplies and signal generators
- Strong electronics background, especially in the RF and digital electronics field
- Ability to read electronics schematics
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Soldering skills
- Background in radio communication (RF) is a plus
- Ability to use mechanical tools in the fabrication and assembly of chassis
- Programming experience with SQL, XML, Python and C# is a plus
- Temperature tolerance: Temperature of the work area may be affected by outside temperatures and machining.
- Ability to lift, transport and assembly parts.
- Ability to sit for duration of shift.
- Ability to work under a microscope for a long period of time.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Aerospace, Assembly, CNC & Manufacturing, Electronics Testing, Engineering, Manufacturing|