Position Title: Executive Secretary
Job Type: Temporary Position
Location: Hartford, CT
Wage: $16 per hour
Position Number: 9352
The Department of Education in Hartford has asked Hallmark to hire an Executive Secretary with outstanding computer and MS/Office Suite skills to provide office and secretarial support for their facility in Hartford. This assignment is expected to run at least 6 weeks, perhaps more, to help cover a person who is on leave. Hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch.
- Type and proofread correspondence using MS/Word
- Create spreadsheets, graphs and charts using MS/Excel
- Manage executive calendars
- Prepare notes, memorandums, drafts, transcripts, charts and forms
- Compose letters and reports
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls
- Handle mail, incoming and outgoing FAX
- Schedule appointments and arrange meetings using MS/Outlook
- Perform other assignments as necessary to ensure that the office runs properly
- Screen incoming correspondence, refer to appropriate staff, and follow up to assure timely response
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of strong secretarial experience.
- Strong experience using the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to create charts, graphs and visual reports using MS/Excel
- Experience with correct office procedures and executive appointment organization
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to produce neat, properly formatted, typed copy
- Ability to deal effectively with supervisor, coworkers, and general public
- Ability to work independently on administrative tasks and to make decisions within the framework or departmental policies
- Ability to follow instructions
- Possess strong verbal ability and interpersonal skills
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Administrative, Clerical|