Position Title: IT Business Analyst
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Position Type: W-2 hourly contract (6 months)
Salary: $35 – $38 per hour, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9541
Our Client, the State of Connecticut, has asked Hallmark to find them a Business Analyst for a project with the Judicial Branch, Court Support Services in Glastonbury, CT. The person in this role will elicit and document business requirements for two data systems that will be rewritten, as well as help with application testing of an existing data system.
This is a consulting assignment, expected to run for 6 months, with the possibility of extension beyond that time.
- Meeting coordination including agenda development and preparing meeting minutes
- Working with the Project Manager and business subject matter expects to gather requirements and current processes for the Accounting department and an auditing tool used by the Programs and Service department
- Translating business needs into understandable requirements, and translating these into clear and concise technical specifications for the development team and non-technical documentation for business users
- Maintaining records of team design decisions and reporting needs
- Designing report layouts including budgets and other fiscal documents
- Assisting in the development of business processes and creating flowcharts
- Creating design documentation and obtaining user validation of requirements.
- Acting as liaison between developer staff and SME to resolve discrepancies, address requirements, questions, and issues.
- Assisting the team with testing and defect documentation for an existing application to prepare for quarterly releases
- Writing periodic status reports
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong analysis, problem solving and design skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience writing business requirement documents
- A minimum of 5 years of experience conducting testing and documenting defects.
- Clear thinking, flexibility in working relationships and decision making, ability to set individual priorities, be self-directed, and work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization skills, and the ability to work with limited direction.
- Proven ability to work with staff of varying skill levels and experience (executive, business stakeholders, technical, non-technical). This includes facilitating
- meetings that dig into the technical detail as well as leading meetings with high level technical and non-technical staff while ensuring the collection of accurate documentation
- Willingness to work closely with the Program Manager
- Flexibility to meet the challenges of an ever-changing environment
- Experience in documenting accounting/budgeting systems a plus
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply.
NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Information Technology|