Position Title: Lead CNC Machinist – Milling
Location: Middletown, CT area
Position Type: Staff position with excellent benefits
Shift: First shift (6:30am start time)
Salary: DOE (depending on experience)
A global manufacturer of wire and cable preparation tools has reached out to Hallmark to assist them in finding two CNC Machinists. Their wire and cable tools and accessories are used in the transmission & distribution, CATV, electrical and telecommunications industries. They are looking a Lead CNC Machinist with programming and set-up experience, to work with their milling machines.
This is a 1st shift (6:30am) staff position, with a company that offers great benefits and a solid career path. They have a 9/80 schedule, so you work 80 hours in 9 days, and get every other Friday off. The company offer 3 weeks of PTO, plus a one-week paid shutdown in December, gym membership reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K with 4% matching. Overtime is available, but not required.
- Set-up & operate CNC Milling machines (up to 5 axis)
- Train CNC operators as needed
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities
- Incorporate Lean practices into daily activities
- Inspect own work with standard gaging
- Identify inspection methods necessary to support part compliance
- Maintain quality and production standards
- Make tool adjustments / tool changes as needed
- Perform secondary operations as required
- Select tools, feed and speed for machining applications.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of CNC mill operation & set-up is required
- MUST have Mastercam programming experience
- Must have experience with 5 axis milling machines
- Haas experience is preferred
- Experience programming or editing programs is preferred, but not required
- Set-up fixture design
- Experience with geometric tolerances (GD&T)
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Strong skills in shop math
- Continuous Improvement and Lean experience is strongly preferred
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Physically able to lift 40 pounds, work on your feet for extended periods of time.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com. Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Aerospace, CNC & Manufacturing, Machine Operator|