Position Title: Linux Systems Administrator
Location: Dayville, CT area
Position Type: Consultant To Hire
Salary: $85K – $95K Salary, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9540
Our Client is a well-established, state-of-the-art electronics company that specializes in RF, control, analog and digital communications equipment. This is a Consultant-to–Hire role with a growing company, becoming a staff employee of the client after 5 months.
PLEASE NOTE: This client will not consider remote work or working from home.
The Linux Administrator’s primary role is to help design, implement, maintain, and support all Linux related systems, servers, and related components. Responsibilities will include operating system installation, patching, upgrades, account monitoring, and other administration related functions necessary to ensure system availability, reliability, security, and performance.
- Builds and maintains Linux servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of systems.
- Manages user account information, including rights, security and systems groups (Linux, eDirectory).
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies to optimize the Linux operating system environment.
- Manage, set-up, administer, support, and troubleshoot Linux servers.
- Install and test hardware and software.
- Perform upgrades to system hardware and software components as required.
- Make necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Write shell scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Provide support and is involved in performance monitoring and reporting, problem identification, management, and resolution.
- Provide regular status reports and gather requirements from departments and provide input into the infrastructure products that are bought or built.
- Maintains software license compliance.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully work within a team environment as well as independently, sometimes with little to no supervision.
- All other duties and assignments, as directed.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in enterprise Linux (SUSE, Red Hat) system administration. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server experience strongly preferred.
- Current industry standard certifications (e.g. LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, CompTIA Network+ and Linux+) required.
- S. in Computer Networking with 2 to 3 years of related Linux experience will be considered.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems and system software.
- Knowledge of Micro Focus Open Enterprise Server and Zenworks, is a plus.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux servers including an understanding of applicable security principles related to server hardening.
- Expertise in system administration practices and troubleshooting including but not limited to installation, configuration, deployment, security, maintenance, root cause analysis, and backup enterprise services.
- Strong shell scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python)
- Virtual machine configuration and management using KVM.
- Experience in disaster recovery planning / methodologies highly preferred.
- System Administration experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Network administration, including switch and firewall configuration and management.
- Knowledge of system and network security best practices.
- Windows experience. Understand basics of storage permissions and group management, integration of Windows services with Linux environments and Windows applications to access Linux
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Information Technology, Manufacturing|