Position Title: Logistics / Material Transfer Technician
Location: New Haven, CT area
Position Type: temp-to-hire
Salary: $14 / hour (increasing to $16 after approx. 3 months)
Our Client is a subsidiary of a major international company handling petroleum, petrochemicals, biofuels, coal, and more. They have asked Hallmark to help them find Logistic / Fuel Transfer Technicians for their plant near New Haven, CT. The people in these positions will be responsible for the loading and offloading of trucks, tanks, and railcars, transfer of materials, and logistical operations for transport of materials.
This position will also support ‘on call’ as necessary (this is a 24/7 facility, operating 24 hours per day, every day of the year). This is a temp-to-hire role, transitioning to staff after approximately 3 months.
- Follows a schedule to ensure trucks, tanks and railcars are loaded / offloaded as required to meet customers shipping requirements.
- Starts feed of materials through transfer equipment units and monitors process to ensure efficient and safe transfer.
- Observes gauges, signals, and recording instruments, turns valves, and moves controls to regulate flow of materials and chemical constituents through system to ensure efficient and safe transfers.
- Draw samples as required and performs standard tests to determine whether or not materials are in conformity with plant standards.
- Keeps an eye on holding tank inventory and informs shift supervisor of any concerns.
- Makes recommendations on improving logistics efficiency at the plant.
- Assists supervisor with overseeing logistics operations, scheduling and paperwork as requested.
- Prepare shipping / transfer records and generates system reports on a timely basis.
- Notifies appropriate staff regarding any problems, in writing, at the end of the shift to track and resolve issues.
- Assist in training and development of other logistics coordinators, including but not limited to job shadowing, as needed.
- Completes inspection rounds to check logistics equipment and tank farms for malfunctions, defects, leaks and hazards. Completes work requests to address abnormal conditions.
- Performs housekeeping and logistics coordinator level maintenance, which is limited to equipment cleaning, inspection, lubrication and filling oil reservoirs.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Education or expertise in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field is preferred
- At least 6 months of experience in warehouse, chemical, oil & gas, or manufacturing / industrial delivery environment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be willing to comply with company standard of safety, neatness, and cleanliness.
- Must be mentally alert at all times, to ensure safety and accuracy.
- Ability to understand instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve under pressure/deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle competing demands with flexibility.
- Ability to safely use powered industrial equipment.
- Ability to understand instructions and underlying principles.
- Ability to reason and make sound judgement.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good grasp of safety requirements; able to respond to normal hazards and take appropriate precautions.
- Must be able to understand EPA, DOT, OSHA, and other relevant federal and state regulations.
- Working knowledge of feedstock / biodiesel processing, as well as BQ-9000 requirements, is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card (Federal background check required).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to tolerate extended period of physical effort.
- Must be able to continuously stand on concrete floor.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in various (and sometimes harsh) climates and conditions.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting and use of computer.
- Frequent climbing (up to 65 ft), kneeling, stooping, and bending.
- Carrying, lifting, and/or moving up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Carrying, lifting, and/or moving 100 to 250 lbs assisted.
- Ability to maneuver of up to 600 lbs with handcart or other device.
- Occasional pushing and pulling, and reaching above the shoulders.
- Repetitive hand movements, with a firm grasp with the right and/or left hand.
- Ability to manage contact/exposure to chemicals ordinarily found in a biodiesel facility.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Facilities, Industrial, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Repair-Maintenance|