Position Title: Temporary Medical Coding
Job Type: Temporary Position – 3 months
Location: Farmington, CT
Hours: 8:00am – 5pm
Wage: $ 15 per hour
Our friends at a local Medical Group have asked Hallmark to hire a Medical Coding & Billing Assistant to provide office support for Outpatient cancer facility.
· Accountable for performing a full range of tasks in medical billing, insurance claims and/or duties related to financial counseling.
· Pre-bill responsibilities, verifying that HCPC and CPT codes are paired with the correct modifiers.
· Produces accurate and timely billing of patients in accordance with pre-established schedules.
· Completes insurance, disability and compensation forms; interviews patients; counsels patients on billing procedures, compensation claims/disability claims.
· Requests prior authorization for hospital care/payment; makes payments to insurance brokers for student insurance.
· Verify that for Medicare members that the submitted diagnosis corresponds with LCD list for Infusion drugs.
· Knowledge of RARC and CARC edits the ability to review EOB/EOP information accurately.
· Answers patient and insurance inquiries; researches requests for patient information and prepares reports and correspondence.
· Maintains records and files; reviews vouchers and monitors fees; collects fees for services and may make deposits; keeps records/files.
· Performs financial counseling duties such as, but not limited to, interviewing patient via visits or phone to determine payment sources and payment arrangements; initiates charitable (title 19) and other payment sources application process, if appropriate; provides relevant insurance/financial information to Social Services and home care institutions;
· Acts as liaison between the patient/family and government agencies; may perform receptionist/triage duties; performs related duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three (3) years of hospital/medical billing/insurance claims experience or an Associate’s degree may be substituted and two (2) years of the general experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret health center/Medicare/insurance billing procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and other patient financial assistive health programs
- Knowledge of EPIC
- Some knowledge of medical/dental terminology
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Considerable interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills; computer skills
- Ability to interpret basic Medicare/Medicaid, and commercial insurance industry regulations.
- Must be able to pass a background check and provide vaccination history
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Administrative, Clerical|