Position Title: Accountant, Part-Time
Job Type: Temporary Position
Location: Wethersfield, CT
Wage: $16.00 – $24.00 per hour D.O.E.
Our friends at a division of the State of Connecticut located in Wethersfield, CT have asked Hallmark to hire an experienced accountant for a long-term part-time position. This first shift position is expected to be 25 hours per week. Perfect for a parent with children in school!
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by reviewing documents.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- College Degree in accounting, business, finance or economics
- 3+ years of accounting and/or financial experience
- Experience preparing and analyzing accounting data
- Experience preparing reports for management
- Knowledge of accounting and Microsoft Office products
- Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.