Position Title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Location: New Haven, CT area
Position Type: Temp-to-hire
Salary: $20 – $27 / hour, Depending on Experience
Position Number: 9461
Our Client is a subsidiary of a major international company handling petroleum, petrochemicals, biofuels, coal, and more. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a Plant Maintenance Electrician to augment the staff at their plant near New Haven, CT.
This role reports to the Maintenance Manager, and is responsible for the monitoring and proactive maintenance of equipment, to ensure that the Plant is running at optimal capacity at all times. This will include installing, inspecting, testing, calibrating, adjusting, and repairing equipment, instruments, control systems, and electronic / electrical Plant equipment and systems, as well as the removal of malfunctioning or obsolete equipment. They are looking for one general Technician, and one Electrical Technician.
This is a temp-to-hire role, transitioning to regular staff after approximately 3 months.
- Follow a schedule to ensure machinery is working within customary tolerances.
- Repair defects and malfunctions for all equipment, included but not limited to: boilers, pumps, compressors, generators, reactors, heat exchangers, filters, grinders, absorbing towers, transformers, switches, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems, storage batteries, and electrical systems.
- Proactively search for breakage or excessive wear; inform Maintenance Supervisor as appropriate.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair plant instrumentation, including transmitters, analyzers, control valves, switches, and relays.
- Adjust clearance and timing of control devices to specifications, using pliers, screwdriver, wrenches and other tools.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with installing new equipment or modifying existing installations following technical instructions from the manufacturer.
- Remove outdated parts and equipment under the approval or direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Disassemble equipment using hand tools and/or portable power tools as needed.
- Safely operate powered industrial equipment
- Document maintenance, calibration, installation, fault diagnosis, and repair of all parts, equipment and machinery.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisors with written inventory of spare parts, supplies and equipment.
- Provide verbal or written reports to the Manager of Maintenance & Reliability as required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- At least 1 year of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- E-2 license is required (or significant electrical experience: 5+ years).
- Adaptability; Must be able to handle frequent changes involving tasks with different technologies, techniques, procedures, working conditions, physical demands, and degrees of attentiveness, while maintaining efficiency and composure.
- Must be able to interpret instructions provided in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Good troubleshooting, problem-solving, analysis, and evaluation skills.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of instruments.
- Strong understanding of safety requirements; good safety record.
- Strong work ethic.
- Understanding of EPA, DOT, OSHA, and state regulations commonly associated with a biodiesel manufacturing facility.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a TWIC card (TWIC can be obtained after employment).
- Employees must successfully pass an initial drug test and comply with company drug testing program (random, for cause, and post-accident).
- Physical requirements for this role include:
– Frequently carrying, lifting, and/or moving up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
-Frequently carrying, lifting, and/or moving 100 to 250 lbs. assisted.
-Ability to maneuver of up to 600 lbs with handcart.
-Kneeling, stooping, bending, sitting, and walking extensively.
-Ability to work outside in various climates and conditions.
-Ability to manage contact/exposure to chemicals ordinarily found in a biodiesel facility.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Industrial, Maintenance|