Recycling Enforcement Specialist
Position Title: Waste & Recycling Enforcement Specialist
Location: Essex, CT area
Position Type: Temp
Salary: $21 per hour with Law Enforcement background
$17 per hour with just investigative background
Position Number: 9490
Our Client, Connecticut MIRA (Materials Innovation and Recycling Authority) has asked Hallmark to help them find a Waste & Recycling Enforcement Specialist for their local facility. The person in this role will be responsible for performing routine checks of incoming waste and recyclables at various Authority facilities, to ensure that all waste meets Authority regulations and meets the terms a valid agreement.
- Performs routine checks of incoming waste and recyclables at various Authority facilities to ensure that all waste meets Authority regulations and is delivered under a valid customer agreement; turns back vehicles and/or waste materials not meeting Authority regulations.
- Periodically checks origins of waste by surveillance of vehicles and examination of waste; and takes appropriate action, including reporting to Authority management all violations.
- Gathers evidence of violations and prepares reports for Authority management.
- Meets with haulers (as directed) to inform them of MIRA regulations and procedures, violations thereof, and related penalties.
- Routinely performs scale weighing of all MIRA permitted waste & recyclable haulers accessing a particular transfer station or waste processing facility.
- Maintains records of any hauler violations and vehicle tare weights; makes recommendations regarding the restriction of repeated violators.
- Monitors daily activities of the MIRA contracted operators of the specific facility, to ensure they are following through with the operating contract requirements.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associate’s Degree in law enforcement / regulatory enforcement, communications or similar focus is strongly preferred.
- 1+ year of relevant experience, relating to investigations (law enforcement agency, investigative service, asset protection, or similar), or transfer station / waste facility operation.
- Knowledge of investigative and inspection techniques is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to enforce rules and regulations regarding facility use with firmness and tact, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, customers, vendors, associates, superiors, and the general public.
- Must have basic computer operation capabilities, to operate scale recording computer devices.
- Organized record keeping skills are required.
- Must be able to tolerate an indoor/outdoor work environment in close proximity to garbage and recycling materials.
- Local travel is periodically required, with a company vehicle.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Biotechnology / Instrumentation, Construction, Engineering, Facilities, Industrial, Maintenance, Recycling / Waste|