Position Title: Software Engineer – BI Developer
Location: Glastonbury, CT
Position Type: W2 contract position (6 – 12 months)
Salary: $47 – $49/hour, DOE
Position Number: 9544
The State of Connecticut has asked Hallmark to find a BI Developer to work with the Judicial Branch on a consulting assignment. This is a consulting role, based in Glastonbury, CT. This assignment is expected to run for 6 months to one year.
As a business intelligence developer/analyst, your role is to be an expert at understanding Judicial Branch, Court Support Services Division data. Your goal is to aid business stakeholders in drawing insights from data by interpreting and translating business needs into data analysis and visualization solutions.
- Develop BI/analytical content using Microsoft SQL Server BI stack (SSRS/SSMS/SSIS/SSAS), Excel, Tableau, and other tools
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests for information by writing complex T-SQL
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to solve complex business problems, by gathering requirements, prototyping and testing, or enhancing existing solutions to meet new requirements
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with MS SQL Server 2008/2012 including T-SQL/PL-SQL programming and scripting
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, Star Schema design, and slowly changing dimensions
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience building Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards) using Tableau or other visualization software, Microsoft Business Intelligence technology stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), or other technologies
- Experience assembling and validating large datasets for research/analysis
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with data in Excel
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements
- Ability to work with staff of varying skill levels, both technical and non-technical
- Strong communications skills including written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
- Proven ability to produce quality work independently, with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply.
NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please – we cannot use C2C consultants.
|Job Category||Engineering, Information Technology, Legal|