Position Title: 9538 – Software Engineer – BI Developer
Location: East Hartford, CT area
Position Type: 6 Month to 1 Year Contract
Rate: $45 to $49.00 Per Hour
Position Number: 9538
Hallmark is one of the contracted vendors for the State of Connecticut. Our client maintains various computer systems that contain sensitive data to support the administration and operations throughout the State of Connecticut.
As a business intelligence developer/analyst your role is to be an expert at understanding JB-CSSD data. Your goal is to aid business stakeholders in drawing insights from data by interpreting and translating business needs into data analysis and visualization solutions.
- Develop BI/analytical content using Microsoft SQL Server BI stack (SSRS/SSMS/SSIS/SSAS), Excel, Tableau, and other tools
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests for information by writing complex T-SQL
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to solve complex business problems, by gathering requirements, prototyping and testing, or enhancing existing solutions to meet new requirements
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with MS SQL Server 2008/2012 including T-SQL/PL-SQL programming and scripting
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, Star Schema design, and slowly changing dimensions
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience building Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards) using Tableau or other visualization software, Microsoft Business Intelligence technology stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), or other technologies
- Experience assembling and validating large datasets for research/analysis
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with data in Excel
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements
- Ability to work with staff of varying skill levels, both technical and non-technical
- Strong communications skills including written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply.
|Job Category||Engineering, Information Technology|