Position Title: Senior Web Applications Developer
Location: Hartford CT
Work Location: Ability to work from office and home
Position Type: Consultant to Hire Position
Salary: $50 – $70 Per Hour D.O.E.
Position Number: 9545
Our Client, a major insurance exchange is seeking an experienced Web Applications Developer. The Sr. Web App Developer is responsible for leading design, development and integration of Web Application portals, Home page design and development as well as integrating blogging technologies into all applicable areas of development and support. The individual in this position will utilize their expert knowledge of Web technologies and n-tier application architecture. Evaluate and recommend alternatives for application development and support technologies, such as search engine optimization, that best align with business needs plus optimize maintainability and performance. Additionally, the Sr. Web App Developer provides guidance, direction and support to application developers and technical designers. This role will assist IT Manager in implementing and delivering key projects and has no direct supervisory duties.
- Design and Develop complex software systems using wide range of technology stack like Java/JEE components, RESTful web services, Angular etc.
- Utilize IBM technology stack like WebSphere, DB2 and IBM HTTP server. There would also be opportunities to use Opensource technology stack and tools like the Jboss and Apache platforms.
- Perform code reviews and lead Production Release critical issues triage meetings.
- Lead critical issues triage and performance improvement discussions with infrastructure teams.
- Keep track of all Project related activities and lead Production Releases.
- Utilize software development stack, including DevOps suite of tools, such as Jira, Docker, Selenium and Jenkins.
- Work on web servers such as Apache and Microsoft IIS, application frameworks, and databases such as DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB etc.
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members.
- Search Engine Analysis, Optimization and configuration changes to support AHCT’s initiatives
- Analyze, design and integrate blogging technologies into all applicable platforms.
- Other duties as required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5 years of experience with corporate home page design and development required
- Experience with SEO and website optimization required
- 5 years of experience on J2EE technologies including WebSphere, Apache, Oracle, Java, Web Services, Oauth2, Spring, Hibernate, JSF, JSP, AJAX, Apache Ant, JDBC, JMS required
- 5 years of experience in UI/UX, cross-browser compatibility and web standards required
- 5+ years’ experience as Solution design lead or Solution Architect
- 5 years of experience of implementing open source frameworks & exposure to various open source & package software frameworks like Angular, React, Node preferred
- Experience of building large-scale e-commerce web applications a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or like major or equivalent work experience.
- AWS certification is a plus
- Experience with Security Appscan is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics platforms
- Experience with Datawarehouse and Analytics is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- SharePoint development experience is a plus
- Experience working with Agile development frameworks a plus
- Experience working with Mobile Apps is a plus
One or more of the below certifications would be considered a plus:
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) or 5 years’ experience
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) or 5 years’ experience
- Microsoft Developer Certifications (MTA & MCSD) or 5 years’ experience
- ZEND Certified PHP Engineer or 5 years’ experience
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
|Job Category||Information Technology|