Position Title: Project Manager – Technology
Location: Hartford, CT
Position Type: Staff position with full benefits
Position Number: 9595
Our Client is one of the best known Health Insurance Companies in Connecticut. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a Project Manager to oversee and advice on technology matters.
This Project Manager of Technology manages multiple key projects related to the continual improvement and technical infrastructure. This person will lead and directs all aspects of each project and coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible across the organization.
You will be responsible for the management and direction of technology projects that have a high-risk impact on external business the business and business partners and customers. In this role you will assigns responsibilities for task completion, set and adhere to deadlines and budget, prepare summary status reports, and monitor progress utilizing core project management tools.
- Lead internal resources and third parties/vendors for project execution
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope, within budget, and in accordance with various regulatory requirements, specifically HIPPA, ACA, NIST 800-53 and IRS Publication 1075
- Define the project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs
- Manage projects through their entire software development life cycle for application development and delivery.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Collaborate with the IT functional teams and other stakeholders to review, analyze and develop enhanced IT controls for Infrastructure and Security & Compliance perspectives.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manage projects according to the PMP/PMI, Agile, Waterfall, or Hybrid methodologies
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project
- Project Manager-Technology, 10.2021
- Conducts risk assessments, report identified risks to the management team; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including of termination of the project if appropriate)
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with other staff members
- Use and continually develop Project Management and Leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5-7 years’ work experience as a Project Manager of multiple projects including budget management
- 5+ years’ experience leading technology change management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is required OR 6 years of proven experience managing a portfolio of up to 10 million dollars.
- ITIL certification desirable
- Familiar with current technologies
- Experience working with insurance, health insurance or government agency interactions preferred
- Ability to lead team members through challenges
- Self-starter able to make independent, correct decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com.
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply.
We cannot consider H1 or C2C candidates for this position.