Position Title: Quality Manager
Location: Windsor, CT area
Salary: $80K – $110K, D.O.E.
Position Type: Staff position with great benefits
Our Client is a major manufacturer of precision welded parts, specializing in laser technology, electron beams, plasma cutting, and CNC machining. In business for more than 40 years, this company continues to expand, and has asked Hallmark to help them find their next Quality Manager.
This is a full time, salaried position reporting directly to the President.
- Maintain NADCAP quality systems, ensuring compliance and maintaining a commitment to Continuous Improvement.
- Work with technicians and management in a team-based environment to drive down costs and improve productivity.
- Monitor inspection and work instructions for comprehensiveness and clarity.
- Monitor and analyze production process and identify systematic problems and opportunities.
- Review and approve new and revised procedures.
- Plan, perform and report on QA audits and inspections.
- Review nonconformance reports from vendors and internal QA/QC sources.
- Evaluate and document findings and manage corrective actions to ensure they meet defined requirements.
- Maintain Quality Manual, Quality Procedures, Work Instructions, and other QA documents and records to meet the requirements of the Quality Management System and customer expectations
- Interface with customers to resolve problems with in-process or final product.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- This company is ITAR compliant so the applicant would need to be a US Citizen
- High school diploma or GED is required. Mechanical engineering degree is preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing Quality role
- Quality Auditor certification is strongly preferred
- Professional quality certification (NADCAP or others)
- Working knowledge of ISO9001/QS9000
- Familiarity with welding processes a plus
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Ability to prepare computerized QC reports
- Must be able to think analytically, critically, and systematically
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a team player, with strong integrity and a good work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.